The first Saturday in June is National Trails Day! Spring is in the air and the time is right for cleaning up litter and restoring trails across America. Volunteers from all walks of life show up for National Trails Day to join an effort that happens from coast to coast. Its simple to get involved and make a difference in your community; just find your state on the National Trails Day Map and get going.
The Nicodemus Wilderness Project gets involved every year with National Trails Day events. Some of our past projects have included litter cleanup, graffiti removal, shortcut trail closures, erosion control, trail re-routes, and native revegetation efforts. The strength of these projects comes directly from the volunteers who support these efforts.
What are the benefits of participating in National Trails Day?
- Help celebrate and be a part of a national effort to keep our trails in good shape.
- Hiking is a way to stay healthy by exercising, so help restore and then use those trails!
- It is a great excuse to get the whole family out for a day of exercise and fun.
- Meet those like-minded individuals in your community that share the same values that you do.
- Learn more about the trails in your area and find out ways to volunteer throughout the year.